IOSH 1 Day Directing Safely
With increasing numbers of directors being prosecuted for breaches in health and safety, it is essential that you know your responsibilities as a director. This course provides practical guidance for developing your health and safety management systems, focusing on the matters of importance for you.
Who should attend
Senior executives or directors who have responsibility for ensuring sites are run as efficiently, profitably and safety management systems, focusing on the matters of importance for you.
Objectives and Course Content
- Health and Safety Leadership: Your role and responsibilities.
- Getting Health and Safety Right: Guidance on the effective planning and implementation of policies and workplace practice.
- Incident Management and Recovery: Your responsibilities and the potential penalties for non-compliance with health and safety laws.
- Personal Commitment: Your commitment to managing targeted plans for improving your organisation’s health and safety performance.
- The effects of human factors on health and safety and how employee selection is important.