This 5 day CITB Site Safety Plus course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
Who should attend
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to retake the course before the expiry date. £50.00 CITB grant available for qualifying individuals.
- To manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their role as site manager
- To fully understand the responsibilities for site health, safety and welfare
- Recognise a safe site as efficient, economical and productive
- Understand the need to implement all health, safety welfare and environment legislation which affects them during their daily work
- The implementation of new guidance and industry best practice
- The ability to state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Understand the need to fulfil all duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces.