This 2 day CITB Site Safety Plus course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites. It is designed to provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to understand the health, safety, welfare and environmental issues as well as the legal responsibilities relevant to supervise effectively.
Who should attend
This course is designed for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities on construction projects. People who have benefited from this course include site foremen and supervisors and is endorsed by the Major Contractor’s Group (MCG).
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken. Progression route to SSSTS, £50.00 CITB grant available for qualifying individuals
- To ensure that all supervisors understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- The need to contribute to health and safety in the workplace
- Health and Safety Law and how it applies to supervisors
- Understanding supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safety
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the need for timely intervention when bad practice is identified