1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work
This course provides learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who work in low hazard environments (for example an office or shop) or where Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines indicate staff should hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work. Emergency first aid at work certificate is valid for three years.
This proactive course deals with fire prevention, good housekeeping, identifying fine hazards, fire discovery, various types of fire extinguishers, evacuation procedures and legal requirements.
As specified in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- Learners are taught skills to help someone who is :
- Unresponsive and breathing
- Unresponsive and not breathing (including the use of an automated external defibrillator/AED)
- Having a seizure
- Bleeding heavily
- Suffering from shock
Learners are given information on :
- Dealing with an emergency
- Assessing a casualty
- Monitoring a casualty
- Where to get help
- Electrical incidents
- Accident recording and reporting
- Controlling of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)