½ Day Managing Working at Heights
This course covers the risks, legalities and measures to be put in place for working at heights.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at anyone involved in the planning, supervision and management of work at height.
Objectives and Course Content
- The Legal Duties imposed by the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The Risk Assessment process required by law for all work at height
- The Hierarchy of Measures – a detailed look at avoidance, safe places of work and work equipment
- A hands-on demonstration of some of the most common items of work equipment including MEWPs (scissor lift, self-propelled boom and personnel lift), mobile access towers, podium, ladders and steps and harnesses/lanyards to help you in selecting the most appropriate and cost effective work equipment
- The course includes a number of group exercises giving staff hands-on experience of the practical skills necessary